Summary for the past 6 days
- As lockdown measures ease it is important to remember that it is still the case that anyone can catch coronavirus (Covid-19) and anyone can spread it.
We still need to adhere guidance to keep a safe distance, regularly wash hands, wear masks in enclosed spaces, and self-isolate and book a test if you have symptoms (new persistent cough, fever, loss of smell/taste).
You can currently be tested at Stratford Park in a mobile test centre – but need to book via http://NHS.uk/coronavirus https://www.facebook.com/groups/stroudcorona/permalink/294051095115985/
- James Bee shared the latest video update from the Independent SAGE. https://www.facebook.com/groups/stroudcorona/permalink/296947414826353/
- Pammy Mitchell has a room in Horns Road if you’re looking for lodging for a few months https://www.facebook.com/groups/stroudcorona/permalink/296669688187459/ There’s a useful Facebook group called Stroud housing offers and requests which can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/706176176586783/?ref=share
- Amplify Stroud shared another two of their excellent videos. For many of us, lockdown has brought a fresh awareness of our relationship with the environment, which leads to the question, what comes next? Eleanor Salter explains why a Green New Deal is the radical solution we should embrace as we emerge from the Covid-19 pandemic. https://www.facebook.com/groups/stroudcorona/permalink/296583341529427/
- Sarah Dixon shared Stroud Camber of Trades post. Support for businesses as some begin to emerge back into trading. How is your business doing now? https://www.facebook.com/groups/stroudcorona/permalink/296545911533170/
- Veronica Black shared Paganhill Community Group free food initiative at the bus stop, https://www.facebook.com/groups/stroudcorona/permalink/298305704690524/
- Tom Browning warns us regarding the wearing of masks in extreme heat after he rescued a hyperventilating woman wearing a mask. Sarah Dixon and others replied with considerations for safety and masks in the heat. https://www.facebook.com/groups/stroudcorona/permalink/296309414890153/
- Sarah Dixon shared the important update regarding the opening of museums and heritage sites. https://www.facebook.com/groups/stroudcorona/permalink/296290484892046/
- Hannah Basson Was just reading latest Alzeimers Society email and realised that the process of easing the lockdown (people in masks, social distancing, hand hygiene in shops, waiting in line to get in to a shop) are all newly learned experiences. These may be confusing for someone with some forms of dementia. Dont assume they will be accompanied.Consider wearing a Dementia Friends badge. https://www.facebook.com/groups/stroudcorona/permalink/295681858286242/
- Rachael Bewsey asked if the Weybridge is doing take out? The answer is yes! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order and contact details they’ll ring you to take payment
- Wotton Area Mutual Aid are looking for Soup Chefs – Help needed! Can you keep our Soup Kitchen running this week – or do you know someone who can? https://www.facebook.com/groups/stroudcorona/permalink/299009487953479/
- Stroud town centre shops are opening up and the SUbs have given some space for SCCR posters. Are you wearing a mask in town? What has changed? https://www.facebook.com/groups/stroudcorona/permalink/298965401291221/
- We now have 4,375 members. We’ve dealt with 908 posts in the last month. Please invite your friends to grow this community. And please do introduce yourself and let us know anything you’d like to see in the group related to coronavirus and how we can work together to get through the pandemic and its impacts.
- Please take a look at the Group Purpose and Guidelines if you haven’t read them recently.
Summary of key local, national and international news
We are now providing our main summary of local, national and international statistical data on a weekly basis rather than daily
- The drive through testing unit is open at Stratford Park Stroud until 27th June https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/news/18533676.drive-through-coronavirus-testing-unit-stroud-today/ – Book a test via: orlo.uk/book_test_kIJQN
- The Royal College of Obstreticians & Gynaecologists has announced additional measures to support BAME pregnant women and new mothers, who are more at risk from COVID. https://www.facebook.com/groups/stroudcorona/permalink/298144791373282/
- Dr Tedros of the World Health Organisation has warned ‘the worst is yet to come’ as global deaths from COVID-19 pass half a million. https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-s-opening-remarks-at-the-media-briefing-on-covid-19—29-june-2020
- Full WHO statistics for the outbreak are at https://covid19.who.int/
- For a full international roundup, see the Reuters Coronavirus page, or The Guardian’s “summary of the biggest developments in the global coronavirus outbreak”. For updates on confirmed cases, and deaths, we recommend the Financial Times’ “Coronavirus tracked: the latest figures as countries fight to contain the pandemic” webpage – which is updated daily.
Please remember we have a (growing) list of resources to support your emotional and mental health during this time on our website. The following numbers may be useful:
- Samaritans: 116 123
- Domestic Violence Hotline: 0808 2000 247
- Mind: 0300 123 3393
- Age UK: 0800 169 6565
- Childline: 0800 1111.
- NHS 111
Thanks to everyone who helped create this update through our Facebook group. If you submit posts, we will often decline posting them to the discussion directly and instead hold them till the single daily summary – to try to reduce the number of posts in the feed and make it easier for people to follow the information. Please continue to submit posts to admins for this purpose with the appropriate flag: one of REQUEST / OFFER / UPDATE / QUESTION / COMMENTARY.