Today’s update includes:
- Requests and Offers from the Stroud Coronavirus Community Response team and beyond
- Summary of local news
- Key national and international news
Requests and Offers from the Stroud Coronavirus Community Response team and beyond
- The team moderating and editing this group and the website want to give a massive thank you to everyone participating and sharing local updates, offers and requests. It feels like a great community to be part of and it’s amazing to see how the networks have come together to support each other across the District.
- Brand Zero continues to supply hand cream to key workers thanks to the community support
- An appeal to be supportive of the bin collection crews from Stroud District Council, after reports of racist abuse, and dangerous driving putting workers at risk. There have also been many supportive messages for the teams from the public, say Ubico.
- It’s not too late to join the Good On Paper Fundraiser – 80s House Party on til 1am
- There are now 166 confirmed deaths of patients who had tested positive for coronavirus in Gloucestershire – a daily increase of 3 on the 163 confirmed deaths on Friday. There have been 1084 confirmed cases in Gloucestershire as of 9pm Saturday 25 April, a daily increase of 31.
- Testing of a coronavirus vaccine has begun in Oxford. https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/cheltenham-news/live-coronavirus-updates-human-vaccine-4074108
- The number of confirmed Covid19 deaths in the UK is now over 20,000. On 17 March, the government’s chief scientific adviser, Sir Patrick Vallance told MPs “the hope” was to keep the death toll below 20,000. The government’s figures do not account for deaths that have happened in care homes, at home, in hospices or elsewhere in the community.
- As of 9am 25 April, 640,792 tests have concluded, with 28,760 tests on 24 April. 517,836 people have been tested of which 148,377 tested positive. As of 5pm on 24 April, of those hospitalised in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus, 20,319 have sadly died. [DHSC](https://twitter.com/DHSCgovuk/status/1254052435577970688?s=20)
- The government is starting to discuss the resumption of major sporting events with a hope of resuming ‘behind closed doors’ within weeks. [BBC](https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/52423767)