We aim to share a daily summary each day – this will include:
- Information about updates we’ve made to our website and group
- Call outs for help
- Summary of local news
- Key national/international points
If you submit posts, we will often decline posting them to the discussion directly and instead hold them till the single daily summary – to try to reduce the number of posts in the feed and make it easier for people to manage the volume of information. Please continue to submit posts to admins for this purpose.Team updates:
- Today we launched our website (https://neighbournetworks.uk/) – please take a look if you haven’t already. Thanks to Nick Turner for his work on this.
- We launched this group publicly: @Stroud Coronavirus Community Response already has over 1,000 members. So many people offering help and support to their neighbours and community – it’s really heartening, but there’s been a lot of admin to do – please bear with us! Please keep sharing the group and inviting friends – we want to cover as many people as possible.
- We updated Unit 5 of this group, which contains separate sections for people from different parts of the district to introduce themselves and for us to collate links to smaller neighbourhood networks within these areas. If you have not done so please look for your area (https://www.facebook.com/groups/stroudcorona/learning_content/?filter=858965624567564)
- We’ve updated a few other units – and will continue to do so. We have a stack of information to add to Unit 11 – Education, Schooling and Children, where there are already some good resources to explore (https://www.facebook.com/groups/stroudcorona/learning_content/?filter=213547703340997)
- One of our team, Sarah Dixon, has made some shareable graphics – please take a look and get sharing: https://neighbournetworks.uk/resources/graphics/.
Call out from the TeamWe have a small crew of administrators and moderators and would love some more enthusiastic and meticulous moderators and researcher. We need help with checking submitted posts, updating units, checking comments fit within the guidelines and signposting people to parts of the website/group they may not have seen.
Local updates:The number of confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Gloucestershire after the latest figures were announced on Friday afternoon remains at 6: two linked cases in Tetbury; two linked cases in Cheltenham; one case in the Tewkesbury area; one case in the Gloucester area (https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/cheltenham-news/coronavirus-live-updates-gloucestershire-uk-3950116.amp). It is important to say that these are confirmed cases only, and that since testing has been suspended for all cases but those needing hospitalisation, we do not have an accurate number for the actual number of cases in the community.
- Nailsworth Earth Day (was 28 March) has been postponed https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/news/18304985.nailsworth-earth-day-postponed-increase-coronavirus-cases/
- Gloucestershire CAMRA beer festival cancelled (was May 15/16) https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/cheltenham-news/coronavirus-updates-deaths-uk-latest-3950116#843728
- Stroud Subscription Rooms closes its ballroom temporarily, Friday, March 13 – until Sunday, March 29 at least (https://www.facebook.com/TheSubRooms/posts/2840192062701878?hc_location=ufi)
National/International:UK deaths rise to 21 with 1,140 unwell. Globally 146,742 with 5,526 deaths. 71,715 people have recovered.Coronovirus at a glance 14 March – includes World Health Organization questioning UK response, Italians singing from their balconies while under staying home under lockdown and latest figures) https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/coronavirus-latest-at-a-glance-who
Apologies if we missed anything-please submit again or post in the comments below